Piles [HAEMORRHOIDS] in Homoepathy
What are Piles [HAEMORRHOIDS]?
Piles are swollen veins and muscles around your anus and in the anal canal and rectum. Piles arise from increased pressure of internal or external veins around the anal canal.
These veins may become engorged with more blood and wider than usual these wider engorged veins and the overlying tissue may then form into small swellings called piles.
Almost 75 % of all adults suffer from piles at some stage in life.
Piles are classified into two general categories:
Internal piles: cannot be seen or felt …they are usually painless and can bleed when irritated such as passage of hard stool.
Internal piles can be classified into grades 1 to 4 according to their severity and size:
• Grade 1 are small swellings on the inside lining of the anal canal. They cannot be seen or felt from outside the anus.
• Grade 2 are larger. They may be partly pushed out from the anus when you go to the toilet, but quickly move back inside again.
• Grade 3 hangs out from the anus when you go to the toilet. You may feel one or more as small, soft lumps that hang from the anus. However, you can push them back inside the anus with a finger.
• Grade 4 permanently hangs down from within the anus, and you cannot push them back inside. They sometimes become quite large.
External piles: they are visible o the outer surface of the anus .and they are painful as the lower part of anal canal has lots of painful nerves. They usually do not bleed.
Causes of piles [haemorrhoids ]:
• Chronic constipation
• Sedative lifestyle
• Family history of piles
• Diarrhea lasting for long time
• Frequently lifting heavy objects
• Long periods of sitting.
• Ageing –when you get old you are more prone to get piles as anal muscles get weak in old age.
Symptoms of piles:
• You can feel a lump or swelling around your anus.
• Soreness and pain after passing stool.
• Bleeding while passing stool you can notice blood on toilet pan, or around stool.
• A feeling of unsatisfactory stool.
• Itching and soreness around the anus.
• Large piles can cause mucus discharge some pain and irritation.
Complications of piles:
• Ulcer formation in external piles.
• In severe cases piles can get strangulated due to twisting which is very painful.
• Thromboses piles –blood clot formation within the pile with severe pain.
DO’S AND DON’TS OF PILES:
• Eat plenty of fiber-rich food such as fruits, vegetables, whole-grain cereal, nuts, and beans.
• Fruits should be eaten as they contain more fiber than fruit juice.
• Avoid packed ….. Processed food and spicy… deep-fried food.
• Drink plenty of fluids.
• Try to reduce caffeinated drinks.
• Follow healthy and active lifestyle…exercise regularly.
• Sit in warm water daily for at least 10 minutes.
• Maintain healthy weight.
• Avoid excess alcohol …tea and coffee.
Few homeopathic medicine for piles are:
Muriatic acid :
this is one of the best medicines for extremely painful piles.
This has got esp affinity for muscles and mucus membrane of the anus.
this medicine is given in cases piles are intensely swollen, painful and sore to even the slightest touch; piles are deeply ulcerated, cracked, and bleeding.
Piles are worse from slightest touch, pregnancy
And better from heat and hot application.
This medicine is known to treat obstinate cases of piles which bleed incessantly due to chronic constipation.
This medicine is given to the cases when there is painful sensation of sticks in the rectum with constipation from inertia of lower bowel.
This medicine is of esp use in pregnant females who suffer from piles.
this is one of the great medicine for bleeding piles.
This medicine is known to work on venous congestion and improve bleeding tendencies.
This is used in cases when there is profuse bleeding piles, and there is also extreme soreness, burning pain, and backache along with bleeding piles.
This is a very useful medicine for piles; aloes is indicated when piles come out like a bunch of grapes and there is marked soreness, burning in the anus, anus feels as if scarped.
Piles may often bleed profusely and they are relieved by cold water application.
This medicine is given to patients who have easy tendency towards diarrhea instead of constipation with uncertain feelings in the anus.
this is wonderful medicine for patients with modern days lifestyle which is sedentary, stressful target oriented jobs.
nux vom is given to the patients who have piles with frequent ineffectual desire for stool but passes little stool at a time but after the stool patient doesn’t feel any satisfaction as urge for stool comes after the defecation.
Nux is given to the patients complains of sticking, burning and pressure pains in piles.